Monday, February 21, 2011

A New Blog

At its business meeting last Saturday, the American Association of Australasian Literary Studies voted ot launch a blog. I (Nicholas Birns) am going to start it up but expect and encourage full participation by everyone in the OzLit community, and especially readers of our journal and members of our organization. The provisional title of the blog is Reading Across the Pacific in honor of the book that Robert Dixon of the U, of Sydney and I have coedited. But I hope someone else comes up with a more imaginative title soon.

2 comments:

  1. Just for the record, Nick, I think the current title is a fantastic one. Really is quite suggestive of active engagement on all sides, as opposed to a more passive title I've not the imagination right now to propose in opposite.

    Best of luck with the blog. Hopefully I'll have something more useful, novel even, to contribute one day.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, Sean, but if you think of a better title let us know! Look forward to you contributing!

    ReplyDelete