Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Lecturing on Australia in China

This June and July, I will be lecturing extensively on Australian Studies in Chinaparticipating in a conference in Hohhot on Australian Indigenous literature organized by lv Yunhua, going to Shanghai and lecturing for my colleagues Chen Hong and Wang Guanglin, and spending time in Beijing working with David Walker and the Australian Studies center at the University of Beijing and with Li Jianjun of Beijing Foreign Studies University. I look forward to meeting these and other Chinese colleagues. I will also be presenting at an international affairs conference, speaking on Australia's relation to China's One Belt One Road policy and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.

At many of my Chinese talks, I will be reading excerpts or distillations from my book on contemporary Australian literature, forthcoming from Sydney University Press in September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment